Friday, August 2, 2013

SUCH A SWEET SWAP!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to my blog.  Today I want to share a very sweet gift I received as part of a swap with Claudia of Von Pappe II.  

Don't you just love blogging?  I have met some of THE MOST talented and wonderful people on the planet from my blog.  Claudia is one of these people.  She recently asked me to be a guest designer on her steampunk challenge blog and I jumped at the chance! I love steampunk and I was thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer.  Then she asked me if I would do a steampunk swap with her.  A no brainer ... of course!  


Here are the beautiful things I received from Claudia...all the way from Vienna!  I love it all!


I love all of these ephemera pieces that Claudia made and enclosed.  Check out those gears! Awesome! 


I also love the snippets of fabric and the amazing pattern paper with all sorts of wonderful image and text on it.  I forgot to include some book text from an Austrian book that Claudia sent me.  Gorgeous text.  I've used a little of it in an upcoming challenge piece for Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge. The ATC Claudia enclosed is also really really cool.


Here is the ATC again along with the two "star" pieces of my package...an amazing little journal and a beautifully crafted steampunk tag.


Here is the journal front.  I am in love with the clasp assemblage on the front. It's super cool! I wish they had that kind of stuff here!  The little rulers also are such a cool embellishment on the front of the journal.  They give a really cool texture and sturdy feeling to this little jewel!


Here is the interior of the journal....all hand done.


 And here is the back of the journal.  Claudia is amazing! I love all of the texture, the laces the colors, the papers, the mica-ish embellishments...it's all just a little work of art and I treasure it!

So...THANK YOU CLAUDIA for a wonderful swap!  I just had to share it with everyone.  I am so thankful for the friendship that Claudia and I share through blogging.  

Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I am SOOO GLAD and happy that you like what I sent you, Candy!

    I enjoyed our swap so very, very much, and felt so honoured that you wanted to swap with me - being a great admirer of all your work! Thank you, "Busserl" and a big hug!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool swap! Love what you got! Those gears are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely things Claudia has sent to you!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous journal Candy. I have the pleasure of working on a DT with Claudia and her work is always stunning. How lovely to have your very own creations from her. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great swap! I LOVE that clasp! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great swap! I LOVE that clasp! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this swap on Claudia's blog already, both of you did the most amazing job!! Two wonderful steampunk artists doing a swap means eyecandy for all of us! Both albums, yours and hers were amazing, - so much detail to admire!

    Have a great creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible swap, I am going to have check out your swap mate - her work looks super cool. Thank you also for coming by my blog, I always love hearing your awesome feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Steampunk swap Candy. Lots of lovely crafty bits to treasure. Blog land is certainly wonderful in bringing us all together x

    Have a lovely weekend

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous swap... so much gorgeousness to look at! And I saw the amazing notebook you sent Claudia too - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!