Tuesday, January 30, 2018

HAUNTED HEART TAG

Greeting Andy Skinner Lovers!

Are you ready for Andy's NEW releases to hit the stores?  Me, too!

I have had such fun with a few of his newest things that I have been fortunate enough to have received already!  I wanted to share some fun tags with you!

This first tag is titled "Haunted". 


I LOVE LOVE all of the texture and depth of this tag.  
This is one of the new sets from Tando Creative that will be released SOON!  It's called "Tagtastic".  It includes the gear, heart, book plate and mixed sized tags.  All pieces are grey board; sturdy and a great base for all mixed media products. 

I got so excited to make this tag that I did not do step by step photos of the process but I will briefly share what I did.


I started by covering the larger tag with DecoArt Media White Gesso.  Next I stamped the building arch image from Andy's Newest Stamp Set called "GOTHIC" from his new line of Illusionary Artists Sets. This was done with Permament Black Ink.  

Next I randomly placed Andy's Skinner's Timewarp stencil from DecoArt and scraped DecoArt Media Modeling Paste over the stencil.  You can clearly see the time piece faces on the tag.  Heat set between each placement of the stencil.  Next I laid down Andy's Made To Measure stencil from DecoArt and scraped the Modeling Paste through the circle succession of numbers on the left side of the tag.  Heat set.  Once dry, I added black in the numbers using a small brush and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Carbon Black and a small brush.


After colorizing the tag background with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Titan Buff, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, touches of Cobalt Teal Hue and Blue Green Light, I painted the greyboard heart with DecoArt Crackle Paste and let it completely air dry.  Once dry, I painted over it with DecoArt Premium Americana Cadmium Red Acrylic Paint.  I then covered the heart with DecoArt Raw Umber Antiquing Cream and wiped away the excess.  This Antiquing Cream really gets down into the cracks and creates that wonderful crackled, aged effect.  I then edged the heart using my finger and DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics Carbon Black paint.  Then I ran a small wire onto the chain, wrapped the heart and glued it into place on the back side of the heart.  I added the little lock and glued the heart into place on the tag using raised adhesive pop dots.


Here is a closer look at Andy's new Gothic archway building in the background of this tag surrounded by all of the texture and other embellishments.  It fills the space perfectly and creates a fabulous background image. 

You will also see Tando Creative's Tagtastic book plate and gear that I have transformed from greyboard to aged patina "metal" using DecoArt's Media Fluid Acrylics Carbon Black, Metallic Silver and Gold, Quinacridone Gold, Titan Buff, Cobalt Teal Hue and Blue Green Light.   I added "Haunted" and glued the book plate in place.  


I added more chain to the tag through a little gargoyle type hanger that is a part of my "stash".  I wound the chain through the aged "metal" gear and attached a little key at the end of the chain.  That was then all glued in place.


Once again, here is a view of the entire tag.  So fun to make!

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to check out Andy's new stamps!  Tando Creative will be releasing several new greyboard sets SOON! You will LOVE them!



27 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How truly incredible! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Autumn! Girl, I admire your work so much! I thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. Your comment is so sweet.

      Delete
  2. You never cease to amaze me, Candy! This is an awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me, Candy! This is an awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Candy!! This is fabulous and oh so gorgeous!! Your background textures remind me of a castle wall- oooooooooo!!!
    Love your chainwork and the title..Perfect! bravo my friend!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jackie! Thanks so much for stopping by, girl! You are such a doll and I really appreciate your thoughts.

      Delete
  5. I really love this project with all its wonderful dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful details as always Candy and I just love the heart with the red popping out against the amazing background.

    Looking forward to viewing more xx

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie...I truly adore you! You are ALWAYS so positive and sweet. I am such a fan of your work, too. I'm so thankful for art buddies that I've become friends with over the years! THANK YOU!

      Delete
  7. This is magnificent, Candy - such texture and depth - amazing colour tones in the background and then that hit of red in the chained heart. A fabulous piece of inspiration with Andy's new products - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison! Thank you so so much for stopping by. You know I am a huge fan of your work. So for you to take the time to stop by and leave such a nice comment for me means a lot!

      Delete
  8. OMG, I just am STUNNED!! This is so AMAZING, so beautiful, I truly adore it, it is just WOW!! Really just STUNNING!! Thanks Tracey Magner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey! I appreciate you're stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!

      Delete
  9. I love it! Thank you for sharing this, I will have to check out Andy Skinner's line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia! Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comment.

      Delete
  10. Hi Candy. Loving your tag, gorgeous texture. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Unchain my heart" - is that a haunted melody? Love your tag!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a haunted melody, doesn't it? I've heard of unchained melody and unbreak my heart. Maybe this is a combination of the two! haha Anyway...thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. I love this tag and all the awesome details. So well thought out and just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Candy I love this SO much, but then I love all of your fabulous work and you are always so generous with your 'how to's'. The red crackled heart is stunning and the addition of the chain and lock really speaks volumes! The gargoyle is such a fun piece and I just love all the texture and dimension you have added to the background. I have seen one of the Tando tags with a fancy cut out at the bottom (so to speak!) and cannot wait to get my hands on one of those - along with Andy's new release of course!

    I was so hoping that you might be at Creativation this year, it was a once in a lifetime visit for me, I would love to have met you in real life. Meeting Linda and Annette was such a wonderful surprise and they are both such treasures! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Anne, I so wish I had gone to Creativation and had the opportunity to meet you and Jenny and others! I really am sad about that. Glad you got to meet Linda and Annette. Aren't they darling? Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! You are always so kind in your comments. You will love the new Tando sets. Some really cool stuff coming out!!!

      Delete
  15. How fabulous Candy!!!!!
    Stunning tag, pinned on one my inspirational boards. This is so well deserved :-)
    Wishing you a nice and happy end of week,
    Hugs
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne! Thanks so much for your very sweet post. I am over the moon to be back on Andy's Design Team again. Fun to work with his products and DecoArt's. You know that I am a fan of your work! It's always so beautifully done.

      Delete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!