The Compendium of Curiosities Challenge this week is INKING AND STAMPING MASKS. I guess my tag reflects my thoughts today....TIME IS FLYING!
I can't believe it is already almost the end of FEBRUARY! I can't believe it's 2011! I can't believe it's almost 3:30 and I have not even THOUGHT about starting dinner! (smile) My family is all getting together for dinner tonight...and I'm cooking it! Oops...I better quite playing and start thinking about doing something "responsible"!
We can't divulge how to do the technique, but I can tell you how I did the rest of the tag. I started by stamping the weathered clock stamp onto a blank tag. Then I did the technique of inking and masking. The background color of the tag is Broken China Distress Ink. I used a large harlequin pattern as my background behind the clock face. I stamped my wings with Stazon Timber Brown on a separate piece of cardstock and sprinkled Queens Gold and Copper embossing powders over the stamped image. I heat embossed the wings. I am a little disappointed that not more of the fine detal of the winds came through. Note to self: next time, use a super fine detail embossing powder! Then I inked around the edges of wings with black.
I inked around the edge of the tag with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and hit just the very edges of the tag with a black cats eye ink pad. Next I rubbed Timber Brown ink over some ivory cardstock and then sprinkled it with the embossing powder mix. I heat set it. Then I die cut "Time Flies" using Tim Holtz' "Vintage Market" letters. I inked around the edges of the letters with a black cats eye ink pad and glued them in place.
Next I heat embossed the flying birds (another Tim Holtz stamp) behind the weathered clock face using the same embossing powder mix. I also tapped around some of the edges of the tag with embossing ink, sprinkled it with the embossing powder and heat set some embossing powder randomly around the edges of the tag.
I trimmed the wings to fit my clock and glued them into place. I used Black Diamond Stickles to accentuate part of the weathered clock face and let it dry. Finally, I added matching ribbon to the tag and a piece of antique brass chain for added interest. I added a lock and key to the chain. The lock and key were silver so I tapped them with Ginger Alcohol Ink to change the color to more of a copperish tone.
Make time to PLAY...it's SOUL FOOD! Speaking of food...I need to start fixing supper!