This week, Simon Says "ANYTHING GOES". This challenge is always fun because your creativity can encompass so many different things: a card, a canvas, a tag, a dimensional piece...truly ANYTHING GOES! Check out what my amazing Design Teammates have for you this week over at SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW.
Last week, I went totally feminine shabby chic with the faux crazed bottles. This week, I am still in the feminine mode but grunging it up a bit! I chose to play with various Ranger products, especially Sticky Back Canvas, to create this 6x6 board.
First I covered a 6x6 piece of chipboard with Sticky Back Canvas. I stamped the entire canvas using the script from Tim Holtz' Papillon stamp set. To add texture, I stamped the script using embossing ink and then I randomly sprinkled three different Distress Embossing Powders over the ink. Those colors were: Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Black Soot. I heated them, then as you do with Distress Embossing Powders, I rubbed away the excess powder. It left a really cool color combination on the canvas and a great gritty texture on my background.
The dress form: I covered a piece of Grungeboard with Sticky Back Canvas. Then,using Tim Holtz' Sewing Room die cut, I cut the dress form out of the Grungeboard. Next I embossed the dress form using Tim Holtz' Bingo Texture Trade. I lightly wiped the Embossing Ink Pad over the embossed areas of the dress form, sprinkled it with Walnut Stain Distress Embossing Powder and heat set it. I love the texture and pattern. I then emboss inked the top knot and stand of the dress form, sprinkled them with Black Soot and heat embossed them.
To create the skirt, I die cut two of the largest flower from Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals die cut. I painted one with a Butterscotch Paint Dabber. I painted the other one with a Terra Cotta Paint Dabber. When dry, I cut them in half and stamped Tim Holtz' Mini Harlequin, using the embossing ink, sprinkled them with Walnut Stain Embossing Powder and heat set them. Next I cut the flowers in half and hot glued them to the dress form, creating a skirt effect. Then I applied Waterfall Stickles to the top of the skirt to add color and also to smoothly transition from the bodice to the skirt. Then I sprayed one flower and a piece of ribbon from Tim Holtz' Trimmings with my own color spray made from Broken China Reinker, Kiwi Perfect Pearls and water in a Mini Mister. I attached the flower to the waist and tied the ribbon around the neck to add color and dimension to the dress form.
Next I cut a Mini Baroque out of manila cardstock. I stamped a portion of the large Fabulous Flourish using Sepia Archival Ink. Then I covered the baroque with Distress Rock Candy Stickles and let it dry. Once dry, I wiped it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and distressed the edges with Gathered Twig and Black Soot.
The spool labels and the needle book covers are from Tim Holtz' Haberdashery stamp set. They were stamped and cut out of manila cardstock. The spool labels were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Then I colorized them using Tim Holtz' new Detailer Water Brush and with Wild Honey and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains. I then glued the spool labels onto a piece of round chipboard that has been colored with Gathered Twig Distress Stain. This made them look like actual tops of vintage spools.
The needle book covers were stamped using Stormy Sky Distress Ink and Jet Black Archival Ink. The one using Stormy Sky was actually made into a little dimensional "book" and distressed with Vintage Photo, edged with a black cats eye ink pad, folded in half and then glued onto the Mini Baroque. The one stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink was colorized using Stormy Sky, Gathered Twig and a black cats eye ink pad around the edges. It was also glued into place on the Mini Baroque and then topped with the "vintage spools".
Memo Pins accent the Mini Baroque. These were created by stamping "SEW" onto manila cardstock and placing a Memo Pin over each letter. Then fill the hole with Glossy Accents and wait for it to try. Once dry, cut the excess cardstock away. You are left with these really cool little accent pins. I hot glued them in place.
The spool was created from Grungeboard that was embossed with Antique Linen Distress Embossing Powder then distressed with Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress Inks. I wrapped some black cording around the spool and left enough to wind through three Grungeboard buttons. The buttons were heat embossed with the following embossing powders: Stream Adirondak Embossing Powder, Black and White Embossing Powders. They were distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, the black cord run through each and hot glued in place.
Now it's YOUR turn to create something wonderful and post it to our challenge at SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW! You could be selected as our random weekly winner of our generous sponsor's fabulous prize of a FREE ....
If your creation is chosen as one of the TOP THREE, you will receive special recognition for that achievement! So, ANYTHING GOES!!! Join in the fun!!