Wednesday, November 15, 2017

WHAT THE AUTUMN LEAVES CAN TEACH US

Happy Fall Y'all!

I am so proud to be featured on ANDY SKINNER'S BLOG again this month.  This time with an autumnal art journal page spread using a really fun almost watercolor effect with DecoArt's amazing Media Fluid Acrylics paints.  


Are you not a gifted sketch artist but you'd really LOVE to incorporate beautiful images in your art journal pages?  Well then, bring out your scissors and start looking through magazines, calendars, old cards, wrapping papers, napkins; anything that has wonderful images! Clip those images, store them and you'll have them for virtually anything that pops into your head.

I recently was inspired by a "Country" magazine that was just FULL of beautiful autumnal farm and countryside photographs.  Watching the colorful leaves falling like snowflakes to the ground outside my windows also gave me pause to consider how much we are like those lovely leaves.  These things were the inspiration behind my art journal spread.

I even took a crack at writing my thoughts and used them on my pages.  

So, hop on over to ANDY'S BLOG and check out the complete pictorial tutorial!

Happy Thanksgiving and a very blessed upcoming holiday season to all!

3 comments:

  1. Clearly, they teach us a lot, judging by your beautiful page over on Andy's blog. Like I said over there, you never fail to impress (or indeed inspire)! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this over at Andy's - a great way to take the pressure off trying to draw or sketch, so that you can just play with images that inspire you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful spread Candy!
    Brings the warm feelings of family and Thanksgiving to mind!
    Thanks for sharing Candy girl!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
    Love to you,Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!