Thursday, October 1, 2015

EEKY CREEKY HALLOWEEN WITCH'S HAT FOR DECOART MIXED MEDIA BLOG

Boooooo .... 

It's October and it won't be long until little ghosts and goblins are making an 
appearance at your door.  Trick or treat?  

Halloween is one of my favorite times of year to create home decor.  My grandchildren LOVE to come to "Mimi and Papa's house" and see all of the ghostly delights!

Every year, I try to create a couple of new things to add to my decorations.  With DecoArt's new Media line of products, creating is easy because you get dependable results!


This year, one of the things I am adding to the ensemble is this spooky and fun to create mixed media witch's hat.

Very dimensional and fun, this witch's hat began as a very inexpensive plain paper mache witch hat you can easily find at most large craft stores.  With a little imagination, an array of DecoArt Media products, some die cut black cats and stars, some twine to create "spiderwebs" and some other surprise elements, you can create your own Halloween decor piece that you would find in higher end gift shops at a fraction of the price!

For the complete pictorial tutorial, head on over to DecoArt's Mixed Media Blog for all of the gorey details!

14 comments:

  1. Totally INCREDIBLE Candy - just a huge WOW. It looks FABULOUS on the DecoArt site - great tutorial. What a WONDERFUL addition to your decor. The grandkids will LOVE it. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piece Candy, the eye socket is fantastic and housing it inside the zip is brilliant. Love the texture and the hands look just like bones with your paint effect. Fantastic piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... can't wait to see the rest of this!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like one fab project!
    Hugs
    Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, so many beautiful projects to get my teeth into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just come from the DecoArt blog, Candy, and I had to RUN back here to tell you how amazing that hat is! I can imagine how much fun you had creating this. As always, I love following your tutorials. This Halloween fan is one happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Candy, I have not visited your blog for far too long.... I have just spent a great time looing around at all your latest creations, love your journal pages!! Fabulous collage work on those. No w I'm off to see what this post is all about....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Off for a closer look- and sooo glad for a tutorial- love your goodies Candy!! heehee
    hugs,Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy, I must visit to view your Halloween creation.
    Thank you so much for your kind visit to my blog and to my PaperArtsy tutorial.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This hat is a spooktacular stunner! The earie hands and eyeball are right up my alley and your use of the DecoArt products is stupendious! Awesome sauce design and attention to details. I can definitely see why your grandkids love coming to your house! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. DecoArt is super smart to have you creating for them! This mixed media wonder makes me want to run out and fill up a shopping cart with their amazing products! Off to see the full tutorial...it's frightfully fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always thought you were a great choice for DA with all your unique talents! Off to see it in all the fine details! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very spooky looking sneak peek Candy, off to take a closer look! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!