Friday, January 26, 2018

ANOTHER REPURPOSED LITTLE CHRISTMAS CHAIR

Hello friends!

Christmas may be over but it's never far from my heart.

I wanted to share with you another little chair that I found at a flea market that has been transformed from a sad little drab brown rocking chair.  This little chair looks to have been hand made, not store bought.  That adds even more charm to it for me.  

As I was working on this little chair, I wondered whose hands lovingly crafted this chair and for whom it was made.  I could almost hear the laughter of a small child rocking in this chair.  But over the years, it had been painted and repainted; drips of paint running down the rungs and the back legs even redone, leaving the chair tilting to one side a bit.

But no matter ... I still loved it and could see it's potential to be something beautiful again and to bring great joy!

As with the first Christmas chair that I made, this little chair was painted with DecoArt's Romance Chalk Paint. Then I sanded and sealed it with DecoArt's Medium Brown Wax. 


Santa and his reindeer is the focal point of this little rocking chair seat.  This was a Christmas napkin that was torn around the edges and glued in place with DecoArt's Media Matte Medium.  I brushed over the images as well to seal them.  Next I heat embossed some beautiful pine needles out of gold embossing powder; forming a wreath around Santa.  The little white snowflakes stamp are heat embossed using a white embossing powder.  "Believe" was heat embossed using black embossing powder.  When dry, I added Crystal Writer glitter over the snowflakes and the Santa and his reindeer image on the top band of the chair.  


Finally I added gold highlights around the edges of the chair using DecoArt's Metallic Gold Paint and wiping it on the edges with my fingers.  I painted the decorative bands on the rungs of the chair with DecoArt's Metallic Gold as well....for that extra bit of detail that just "makes" the little chair.  I also mixed the gold paint with a little water to create more of a wash.  With this mixture, I added some small shimmery detalis to the tops of the rungs and around the thick edge of the seat.  When the sunlight catches them, this little chair just glistens!

Thanks for stopping by!  The next time you might be shopping around in a flea market, you might see things a bit differently if you're looking for something to bring home, use your imagination and give something old new life!  My daughter has already called "dibs" on this little chair!  I love it!!!  Perhaps the beginnings of a new family heirloom??



5 comments:

  1. These Christmas chairs are so darling and creative, Candy! I love them! What a special addition to your wonderful Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love love this idea.... Gorgeous chair candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! If I was with you I would hug you and congratulate you are a magnificent job well done. You have created such a treasure to be admired and appreciated for years. Awesome-please do a happy dance. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!