Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have seen books online called "Squash Books" or "Explosion Books" and they fascinated me. However the ones I always saw were made with bright colors and cute papers. Being the vintage, nostalgic nut that I am, I decided to make my own version of this book. The picture on the front is actually taken from a board mounted picture of my great grandmother when she was a young woman. Don't you love the big hats and poofy dresses? I love the old house in the distance, too. I selected this picture for the cover of my book and stamped "GENERATIONS" on it because the photos inside are of the blessed women in my life that spans 5 generations. Here are a few pictures from this book.










2 comments:

  1. I am new to Tim Holtz and paper crafting but discovered your blog and have become very "inspired".

    Do you have a link to this template for the Generations box?

    Do you ever do any weekend workshops with a few projects?

    Thanks,
    Pamwolfrx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Pamwolfrx. I appreciate your stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I will see if I can't find the dimensions for this piece and send them to you. I don't to weekend projects so as to speak. Sometimes I teach classes on the weekends at a couple of different scrapbook stores. I have them posted on my New Classes area of my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!