Saturday, October 13, 2012

12 TAGS OF 2012 ~ OCTOBER

BOO!

 I hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic weekend!

I had some time to play today so I created my October tag for  

Check out his blog to see his "Boo-tiful" Halloween tag using Paint Dabbers, his new Dry Glitter colored with Alcohol Ink and some of his wonderfully vintage Sizzix die cuts.


Here is my shackled skeleton tag.  I used the same background paper as Tim did on his tag:  Terminology Tissue Wrap. I used a large #10 manila tag for this tag.


I colored the tissue wrap with Terra Cotta and Eggplant Paint Dabber followed by some whisps of Perfect Copper and Forever Violet Perfect Pearls Mists.  Then I inked the tag with Spiced Marmalade followed by Black Soot Distress Inks.  I then randomly stamped some spider webs from Tim's Mini Halloween 3 stamp set.


Next I painted a Snow Cap Paint Dabber followed with Picket Fence Distress Stain onto a piece of Grungepaper and let it dry.  I then, using Jet Black Archival Ink, stamped the skeleton from Tim's Retro Halloween stamp set and the skull from his Mini Halloween 3 stamp set onto the white area.  When dry, I cut it out and pop dotted the large skull on top of the skeleton's body.  


Next came the Layered Wings.  I love this new die cut!  I cut them out of Grungeboard and painted them with a Willow Paint Dabber for a little of an eerie greenish cast.  When dry, I completely covered the wings with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and let it crackle.  Then I added Vintage Photo followed by Black Soot Distress Inks to distress the wings.  I glued them together using Glossy Accents.


Next I added the "shackles" to my skeleton using a piece of chain and two of Tim Holtz' large jump rings as hand cuffs.  Then I pop dotted the skeleton in place on top of the distressed layered wings.


Here is another new die cut that I love.  It's Tim Holtz' On The Edge Headstones.  I cut them out of Grungeboard and colored them with a black paint dabber (as Tim did to "BOO" and the spider on his tag).  Then I colored my Rock Candy Dry Glitter with Pitch Alcohol Ink (see Tim's blog) and added it to the headstones.  (I also did a spider at the top of my tag in the same manner.)  The banner is stamped onto manila cardstock that has been distressed with Spiced Marmalade.  I also did Tim's spritz and flick method to mottle the background.  Then I further distressed the banner with Gathered Twigs followed by Black Soot Distress Ink and tore the edges.  I glued the banner on top of the glittered headstones and pop dotted them in place at the bottom of the tag.


I added the Grungeboard spider to the web at the top and added two more dangling spiders from Tim's Mini Halloween 2 stamp set.  Add some black ribbon and some orange Tinsel Twine from Tim's new Autumn colors and the tag is complete!

I hope you're finding time to play this weekend!  Make an October tag and link it to Tim's blog!  It's amazing to see all of the wonderful art people are posting.

Find some "me time" this weekend to just let loose and create something FUN!


18 comments:

  1. Fab-U-lous!!!! Just got mine done in holiday style, too. But not the same holiday. All the elements work so well on this; I gotta remember some of the details so I can try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this is so much fun Candy......great to see a man in chains..........brill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing tag! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous make, love the skeleton and the spider is ful of glittery gorgeousness....a wonderful make, hugs trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy this guy is so much fun!! Really cool and I adore the wings xxx

    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Candy! Love the shackles on the skeleton and the wings are awesome ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tag! That skeleton is sooooo "cute", love the chain around his wrists!
    You did a fabulous job on your tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy, I love your 'twist' on Tim's tag. That skeleton in chains is just a hoot! You are so inventive with your ideas, love the added skeleton head and the wings, the gravestones look amazing in the glitter. I can't seem to anything BUT Halloween at the moment, I am having so much fun with it and am loving making the glitter - messy but fun .... Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing scary tag! What a great idea to make a whole skeleton and to see it in those chains is very creepy! Very cool! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!
    Have a spooky Halloween!
    Henny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fantastic take on the tag, Candy - the handcuffs are a genius touch! And I love the layered wings and blinging gravestones!! Fabulous...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skull-fully Done. Love all the glitter and those wings are just fab! Turned out great (:
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  13. What die is this for the wings? I gotta have it! Yours are gorgeous! The skeleton is a riot with the big head...must have been a man...lol!!! But the real thrill for me are his shackles!!! Hello...genius!!! You are amazing darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous! Love your skeleton guy and the way you combined those stamps. Fab use of Sizzix dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutly cool. Your tag inspired me to make some atc's (:o)xoxo Elly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the shackled skeleton. That was a truly inspired idea! And I have to get me those tattered wings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Candy, I just saw this on Tim's Pinterest board. This tag is over-the-top AWESOME!!! I love skeletons and this makes me smile BIG! I think I have to copy it just to make one for myself. L.O.V.E.!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!