Friday, October 19, 2012

VINTAGE HALLOWEEN ATCs

Can you believe it?  Just a few short days and it will be Halloween!

My Halloween craziness continues as I am sharing with you some Vintage Halloween ATCs that I made for a recent ATC swap.


A lot of the images seen on my ATCs are from collage sheets I purchased through Alpha StampsSome of the metallic Dresden trims are as well.


This little vintage witch is holding The Good Cat Spell Book.  I created dimension with this card by slitting an area between her arm and dress and inserting the little book under her arm before attaching her image to the background on the card..  I found the image of the book online, sized it to fit my ATC and printed it out.  Then I covered the book in Glossy Accents to give it a thicker clear coating.  I think it looks pretty cute.


This steampunk style vintage Halloween ATC is my favorite.  The skeleton is from Alpha Stamps.  Everything else I found online, usually from old Halloween postcards.  I sized them to fit my ATC and then collaged them into this fun design.  The background is some black cardstock with gold metallic stars all over it.  I edged the background with a Gold Paint Dabber.  I like the way the paint dabber softened the edges and created more of a metallic "steampunk" look.  The gear is Tim Holtz' Mini Gear and I covered the clock face with Crackle Accents to get that sort of shattered effect.


The final ATC's background is done on kraft paper that has a black flocked harlequin design.  The witch is from Alpha Stamps.  The Witches Ball and Witches Dance sheet music were found online and sized to fit my card.  "Wicked" is my favorite Broadway musical!  I just HAD to incorporate it onto this card.  I used Paprika, Black Diamond and Platinum Stickles to sparkle up this ATC a little bit.  The copper Dresden trim at the top is Alpha Stamps.  The copper metallic grid to the right is some stuff I had.  I loved it on this card.

As this fun and festive holiday approaches, I hope that you've had time not only to enjoy seeing all of the "spooktacular" Halloween ideas online but that you've had time to actually create some devilish fun on your own! 

Remember to take time to play...it's SOUL FOOD!

Happy Halloween Everybody!

11 comments:

  1. These are fab atc s ...but ,ike you my favourite is the fab steam punk one, the skeleton makes me smile and the way you have combined all the images is fab!!!
    Great vintage feel and I love them! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your ATCs are wonderful.I love them all.
    So many beautiful details on these small pieces of Paper.
    And you are right. Time flies.Only a few days till Halloween and then, before we realize it,
    it's Christmas. :-)

    Anke x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool, I love the spell book as a dimensional element, I think it is my favorite one! Really wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candy, fabulous ATCs, my favourite one is the third one because it is 'Wicked' and I love all things witchy (only white witches of course!). Really like the idea of putting the book under her arm in the first one and the aged watch face in the steampunk one is fabulous. Love too, how you get things from the internet and make such wonderful creations from them. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrummy ATCs, Candy! The steampunk one is my favourite too, I think... though I love your glamorous witch too, and the book is such a great touch - oh dear, seems I love all three! So many glorious images in such tiny spaces - a real treat for the eyes and the imagination...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these especially the spell book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable Candy! Thank you for the fun and productive class at St. Regis! We all love, love our creations!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you...love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy,
    I just received my VPI "Open Theme Halloween" cards and your lovely little vintage witch holding The Good Cat Spell Book was among the wonderful grouping of cards. And I wanted to tell you how adorable it looks in person! Love your blog too! Enjoy the weekend :-)
    Connie K.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy that you stopped by my blog! I truly appreciate your time and thank you for leaving a comment! Have a wonderfully blessed day!